The Commonwealth Network Against Child and Early Marriage (CONACEM) – Malawi Chapter is a three ford/components network formed to contribute towards taking up initiatives and developing interventions to prevent and eliminate child, early and forced marriages in Malawi. The network is composed of a) Alliance for Young Men against Early Forced and Child Marriages, b) Girls Alliance against Early Marriages and c) Chiefs Caucus. The establishment of the network follows the Commonwealth Mission to Karonga – Malawi in September 2015 which focused on the operationalisation of the Kigali Declaration.
An environment where no child is forced into marriage and deprived their fundamental human rights
We exist to contribute towards elimination of Child, Early and Forced Marriage through advocacy, dialogue and information sharing.
- To advocate for the elimination of Child, Early & Forced Marriage
- To work with other government, private sector, donors, non-governmental organizations and individuals in activities concerning elimination of Child, Early and Forced Marriage
- To strengthen existing structures that work to eliminate Child, Early & Forced Marriage
- To act with all necessary means and legal procedures against Child, Early & Forced Marriage
- To loband advocate for elimination of harmful cultural practices and encourage supportive laws and policies on prevention and elimination of early child marriage